Wednesday, October 30, 2013

When I in awesome wonder.. 28 Oct 2013

Aloha Nielsen Ohana!

Well I blinked and it was Pday.


The Rapiers left on Tuesday, and the we now have the Elder and Sister Elam! I served around them on O'ahu. They were a military relations missionary and there just wasn't much work for them. They were going to go home, but President suggested that they come to Kohala for their last 6 months. I just love them already! Just country people from Tennessee. Accent and all. :) I was able to talk to Sister Elam a little bit when they first got her. They both has such an amazing story. Both have been married like 3 or 4 times, but found each other! We took them around a little bit on Tuesday.


We definitely had some miracles this week! We were feeling kind of bummed because we dropped 2 of our investigators, they weren't keeping commitments and it was beating a dead horse. But then we gained 2 new investigators who were prepared and ready to act! First one, one of the aunties in the ward contacted us and said that she wanted us to teach her granddaughter. Neither one of her parents are members and she turns 8 on the 2nd of November. CONVERT! Her name is Ariana. She is so cute and so little! I don't think I've ever taught a 7 year old. I was trying really hard to simplify everything. She is so smart though. But she has a baptismal date for November 16th!


Our second miracle: On Thursday we went to go and have our normal lesson with Patrick. We had a kid with us who recently returned from his mission in Japan. He wasn't there and so we decided to go and visit Kekai's (the RM) friend whom he had kind of told us about. We went there and Ainsley's (the friend) mom, Daisy is a recent convert! She was baptized on Mothers day. Daisy took us the back porch outside and Kekai sat inside and talked with Ainsley. After about 10-15 minutes or so.. Ainsley and Kekai came out by where we were and Ainsley said, "Do you have another copy of this book?" Hoping Kekai's BOM. We gave him one and he was so excited he wanted to read it! I was in shock how excited he was about it! We then set up a time to come back on Friday. I asked Kekai what he said to him after we left.. He said that he explained he was home from his mission and then Ainsley shared an experience where he was watching TV and the guys was teaching people how to repent through a prayer. He repeated the words that the man on TV said and he felt this warm peaceful feeling that he couldn't really describe. Then Kekai showed him Enos and how Enos had kind of the same experience. He was so excited about it!


The next day we went back and taught the Restoration. He was so ready to for everything. He accepted everything and WANTED to read the Book of Mormon. He said that he knew what we were saying was true and agreed to be baptized! We committed him for November 30th. He's living with his girlfriend who he has a 4 year old kid with and I'm pretty sure he smokes. So we have some work to do, but I really think that the spirit has already spoken to his heart of what he needs to do. It's amazing how the Lord prepares people and all you have to do is be there to guide them and listen to the spirit!


Everything else is going well. I really love being a missionary. Heavenly Father is blessing us, I just hope that I am doing all the work the Heavenly Father has prepared for me to do. I love Hawaii. I can't imagine leaving. I'm not throwing in the towel now. I finally should know what I'm doing. Kind of, I'm still learning new things every day. It's amazing all the experiences that are so very personalized for me that I've had. Hawai'i is the perfect mission for me.


I love you all! Have a fabulous week! Ofa Atu.

Much Aloha and LOVE! 
Sister Nielsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment