Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Just add water. 21 Oct 2013

Aloha! 

Happy Birthday Adelaide! Can you believe that when I left she was 2!? That's just weird.


Wow this week feels like it's been forever long! But at the same time suuuper quick. Tuesday we had appts and were able to get a few lessons done. We taught Joshua who is doing really really well! He'll definitely be baptized in November. :)


Mission Tour was this week with Elder Schwitzer of the quorum of the 2nd 70. We had MLC Wednesday Morning from 8-12. He was doing a training with all of us leaders in the mission. We drove to Kona tuesday night and I flew to O'ahu and stayed the night in my old pad in Aliamanu! Sister Weaver is now in that area, we talked Aliamanu and Kohala the whole night. She's struggling a little adjusting to the city/ghetto. I loved Aliamanu so much. It was good to reminisce all the old memories I'd had there. It seems like I'd never left, but at the same time been gone forever!


MLC was really good! I was so exhausted from not sleeping very well on an airbed. I wish I would have been a little bit more alert to get more out of it. What I did get was really good though!


After MLC they had a HUGE lunch, all the missionaries from Oahu, Kauai, Maui, Lanai, and Molokai were there. (All the missionaries except Big Island.) It was so much fun! I got to see a lot of people who I haven't seen in forever. Including old companions. My zone leader who I was with actually has an ex-girlfriend serving in La'ie VC. And she was there as well. They had been kept on different islands for their whole missions and now they were in the same room together. He really didn't want to be there. So I talked to Sister Warner and told her the situation and that we were going to borrow someones car and leave. She was fine with that. Elder Schwitzer was coming to Big Island to give the same training on Thursday.


We left and I was able to go and visit some recent converts! I got to see Tiressa and Erika and Kehnie! Ohh it was oh so good! T hasn't been to church because nobody comes to get her. Nobody even visits her from the Halawa ward I guess. But she broke her foot last April and was in the hospital till June! Poor thing. She seems to be doing well though, they renovated her little appt/room and it's really nice! Erika and Kehnie are doing awesome! They are set on going to the temple. I really want it to be 1 year to the day because that's RIGHT when I go home! What better way to go home that have a sealing? :) They said that they are trying to figure everything out, but it has stuff to do with adoption papers for Oshen. Also Erika is pregnant! 2 months. :) She's due in May. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I told you. I tried to stop by the Salimedas, but nobody was home. :( I heard from Sister Weaver's companion they are starting to come back to church though. I hope they are doing well. 


We flew back to Big Island Wednesday evening, and then I drove with the Kona sisters to Waimea. Sister Lauhingoa was already there. We all stayed at the Waimea Sisters pad and then woke up early to drive to Hilo for our Mission tour. None of us ever drive to Hilo and we were really late. They waited for our zone and President Warner didn't seem to happy. I think he was just stressed because he had a General Authority with him. The Tour was really good! I learned a lot for it. He taught doctrine, but just so simply. 


Saturday we had interviews with President. It was good. I feel like every interview I've ever had has been like.. "How are you?--Good! Do you need anything?-- Nope. Alright. Good to see ya!" Atleast I'm not a problem missionary a guess. Haha. 


Well.. The work is moving along well too! I think Sister Lauhingoa and I want to have 7 baptisms in November. We're hoping for this month, but they haven't come to church enough times. But Heavenly Father is definitely blessing us with miracles. All we'll need to do is add water. :) 


I love being a missionary! I cannot believe how fast time is FLYING! Is it really the 21st of October? That is just so crazy. I cannot keep up with it. 


I love you all. Have a fantastic week! 

Much Love and Aloha,
S. Nielsen


No comments:

Post a Comment