Thursday, October 17, 2013

Malolelei! Kohoku lingoa ko Sister Nielsen. :) 14 Oct 2013

Aloha Nielsen ohana! 

Well this week was really crazy. Transfer week always is.. Sister Weaver said goodbye to everyone on Tuesday and she left early Wednesday morning. Then my daughter didn't come to the Big Island til Thursday Morning. So I brought a single adult with me to be my companion. Her name is Bethany and she's 18. She's so sweet and been coming out with us to appts for a while. We love having her with us.


We didn't get much work done on Wednesday. We had to work on planners and we're in Kona most of the day. I was getting a cold and that day took the most out of me especially since I didn't get much sleep. I felt bad because I think Bethany was expecting to be doing missionary work, but she got to see all the craziness of transfers. We drove back down to Kohala and had our Ward Cordination meeting and we were asked to go to girls camp and give a devotional. It was fun to be at camp! We taught some fun camp songs that I think they all enjoyed as well.


I was talking to the APs while my new daughter was in orientation and at transfer meeting. They told me that she was really big and didn't know english very well. So I would just have to be patient with her and help her learn. Yikes! I was so nervous. Thinking we'd have to have 4 hours of study time and I didn't know how we were going to communicate. And she could squash me! But Heavenly Father's plan is right and this is what he needed for me to do. 


Thursday we went and picked her up from the airport. She was nothing like the APs explained. We greeted her and helped put her bags in the car. Her name is Sister Lauhingoa. She looked green and tired. Once we got in the car she told me that the APs told her to pretend like she didn't know English, but she forgot. Thank goodness! She does speak English, it is broken and sometimes we don't know what each other is saying. But she loves to laugh and is very go with the flow. She has even been teaching me a Tongan word everyday! I can now say "hello my name is Sister Nielsen." ^^


Friday for District Meeting me and another elder were in charge. We were so busy with everything else we threw something together Thursday night on phone. He said he had a fog machine, and so we fogged up a room and put the baptism sign with each area in the room and everyone had to go in and find their baptisms. Everyone really liked it! We had 20 baptisms in the room and just tried to emphasize that God has prepared 20 people to be baptized in October and we just have to go and find them. We have 15 with date as a zone for October! High Water is so close.. But  we just gotta keep it in the missionaries minds.


Friday Evening the ward threw a Farewell Luau fro the Rapiers. It was very nice and LOTS of food of course. Hawaiian entertainers from the ward, and some YW hula dancing. I'm going to miss the Rapiers a lot. They have done so much good for Kohala. They leave next week.


The Ironman was on Saturday! The turn around point for biking was in Hawi. Sister Lauhingoa and I were only planning to go for like 15 minutes. We went and sat by one of our members by the water station that was being run by one of the local football teams. All of a sudden there was a mass of bikers and they couldn't get the water out to them fast enough! We were then put to work transporting water from these big garbage cans with ice blocks to a table and giving them to the football players. I even gave 2 ironman bikers their water! It was so much fun!


Phew.. Am I missing anything else!? This week was very eventful. And this next week we have mission tour. Elder Schwitzer of the quorum of the Seventy is coming. We have MLC on Wednesday and a zone conference in Hilo on Thursday.


Well that was the week! I love being a missionary. This gospel is way true. And Heavenly Father is oh so good. Have a wonderful week!


Love you so much! Ofa atu. :) 
Sister Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment