Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Lost Planner.. 4 Nov 2013

Dear Nielsen Family,

Well as you can see in the title I lost my planner. :( I haven't seen it since Friday and I am really sad about it! That's almost like my journal where I know what happened everyday. I'm praying that I'll find it. It's probably lost, alone, and wet! Hopefully I'll find it soon.


Well this last week was good! We went to the temple on Tuesday morning, it was wonderful as always! Then we had a zone exchange and I brought Sister Kim to Kohala. She's a VC sister and she goes home in January. It was so different to be with a missionary the same age as me. Us older sisters, there's not much of us left! But we had a lot of fun together. I went on exchange with her before when I was in Hon-West.


We had an awesome trunk or treat on Thursday evening. I really cannot believe Halloween has come and gone! It might have something to do with not having seasons here though.. It just always feels like Hawaii!  We had a lot of nonmember and less actives come to the activity! And I got to see the Jensens! She's right, I didn't recognize them at first! Haha, but it has been years in my defense! It was so nice of them to stop by. :)


Our investigators are doing well! Ainsley has read almost the whole book of Moroni! We taught him the Plan of Salvation on Wednesday and it went really well. He was suppose to come to our Trunk or Treat and church on Sunday, but Idk what happen. He didn't come. Daisy said that that wasn't his thing. But we're hoping this next week to see him and resolve some of his concerns! Maybe a church tour so he's not so afraid of church.


Arianna was sick this last week so we weren't able to teach her and she didn't come to church either. :/ This is probably the only thing that will keep her from being baptized on November 16th. The trial before the smooth sailing. But she wants it! So I'm not too worried about it.


Joshua is doing really well too! We had a really good lesson with him about how to pray with purpose and with real intent. I think he's starting to understand and feel the spirit more. He did come to trunk or treat and church! He's a quiet kid with not many words, but his actions are loud. :)


We dropped Patrick, he has kind of taken a nose dive. Doesn't want to read or pray or come to church. It was a nice little last chat we had and I will be forever grateful to have met him. He's an awesome kid. I know Heavenly Father will take care of him. :)


We found a few new investigators this week too! We were out tracting and this truck honked at us and kept going, then he wheels on back in reverse and starts talking to us. I thought he was a member at first but just less active. Turns out he just wanted to stop and thank God's people for spreading the good word. I think he was a little drunk, but he was Tongan and when him and Sister Lauhingoa made that connection they just rabbled on and on in Tongan, and I just stood there for a little while. We ended up praying with him and he agreed we could come to his home. We went over on Sunday and his wife is the one who was more interested than him. They both sat in and we shared the Restoration. I think his wife, Kimi, is going through a lot of struggles right now. She was crying off and on through out the lesson and said that she was been praying really hard lately. I know that we're the answer! I'm not sure if she knows that yet, but we will get there. What even more interesting is that we had a referral for that home to talk to her dad! So in some way, Heavenly Father knew we needed to come to this home. It's so interesting how amazing his work is! Definitely not a coincidence. Heavenly Father is blessing us so much!


Well.. Sister Lauhingoa and I are doing well. I think she's been a little bit homesick the past 2 days. She's never been away from home before and she keeps mentioning that she misses Tongan food. Last night the new senior couple fed us.. Southern food! We had a cheese potato soup and it was delicious! I haven't had anything like that since I've been here. Sister Lauhingoa ate it, but later told me she didn't like it. I don't think she's ever had anything like that before. But I'm just trying to love her. All will be well. :) She really is such a wonderful girl.


Well I love you all so much. I love being a missionary. I've been trying really hard not to think about time and to just work. Last week the office called and asked what airport I want to fly into. It's crazy how little things like that get to you! I do not want to be trunky and only serve a 15 month mission. How lame would that be! But I now understand how hard it really is. I feel like I am truly learning the principle of Enduring to the End. I love everything about Hawaii. But everything has it's time and a season. Time will come and go faster than I know. I'm just trying to love every second and be the best missionary I can be. 


Thanks so much for everything! I have the best family in the world. :)

Love and aloha,
Sister Nielsen 

No comments:

Post a Comment