Thursday, May 2, 2013

Grandma, Mother, and Daughter! 30 April 2013



Alooooooooooooha!

Well I'm glad to hear that the black salve works and that the stomach bug is gone! Phew! It's so so so crazy to think that tomorrow is May 1st. Yikes! I feel like I'm running out of time! Also.. I guess I'll be needing to ask this today.. What time is your church now on Sundays? We have meetings starting at 10am and then we get out of church at 4pm. Sooo.. What time do you go to church?


Well.. Transfers week! We actually have another set of sisters in the Zone! And you'll never guess who came.. Drum roll please.. The only and only.. Sister Wright! Yep! She's back on Oa'hu and training AGAIN! This will be her 3rd time. But she's been released as a Sister Trainer and that's still on my shoulders. Our week was a little crazy trying to help them move into the elders pad. Lots of cleaning and decluttering to do. But everything worked out! It's been good, but also weird to be serving around Sister Wright again. But obviously everything happens for a reason!


Yesterday was Missionary Leader Council. (MLC.. Formerly ZLC.) And it was SOOOOOO good! I just feel so pumped and ready to work! We got a new zone leader in our zone and we all want to try and hit high water mark SO bad in the month of May. Our mission goal is to have 200 baptisms in one month. It's going to take a lot of work, but we can do it. President really wants to see it happen before he kicks the can in July.But Sister Barnes and Sister Haupeakui are sister trainers as well.. So I got to see all of them! It was a good little reunion. I left Sister Hudson to stay with Sister Wright and her companion, so I told her, "Ok Grandma is going to watch you today." :)


Also, my thinking is that I'll probably get transfered after this transfer and.. I really really really want to see baptisms in this area before I go! I guess you could say I'm baptism hungry. I know we can committ and see some people before the transfer ends. I really do love this area, our ward is suuuuper awesome and so willing to help. We just gotta get them talking to their friends about missionary work.


On Saturday was our Mormon Helping Hands service day for our ward. And we went and cleaned up an elementry school here in Ewa Beach. Sister Hudson and I basically raked leaves the whole time.. I know you wouldn't think, Hawaii- raking leaves.. But we did it!


So in our Zone there are some elders who live close by to us. And they are on bikes. We meet at the same chapel but there ward starts at 8am. So thinking that we would be the nice sisters we let them barrow our car to get to church and then we would just walk. They approached us with the idea to let them take our car and then were a little hesitant to make sisters walk to church, but I gave them a good ol' Nielsen phrase. "Don't worry! Our legs aren't painted on. We'll be fine!" And it's a pretty good walk, but nothing we couldn't do. I was a little excited! Well we left an hour before our meeting, but soon while we were walking the sun started to shine down pretty hard and get a little toasty and sweaty. Then Sister Hudson didn't wear they best shoes and she got a blister, which slowed us down a bit. So when we were only about a half a mile away from the church it was 10am, and our ward members start to drive by. They would stop and offer to pick us up, and we declined few times. But then finally Sister Kamauu came back from the church and picked us up. Everyone thought we were so crazy to walk to church! Our ward council gave us a little chasening. But everything turned out well. I just thought it was kind of funny. They told us to call them next time because they want our parents to know that we are being taken car of.. Obvisously they don't know my parents, our legs are definitely NOT painted on. :) We drove the route this morning and figured it to be about 3 miles.


You definitely learn so much as a missionary. With every companion, area, and situation. I know that it is given specifically for me. That this is where Heavenly Father needs me. And the experiences and the people I need to meet. I just hope I am doing ALL that I can. That Heavenly Father can trust me to help miracles happen. I realy hope there isn't any opportunity I am letting go amiss. Yesterday in MLC President mentioned what Issac Newton said as he was.. Discovering things. He said he thought about it all the time. I think that's something we all need to realize.. Are we thinking about how we are living our lives and how we can be the best disciples of Christ.. All the time?


I love being a missionary! I love this gospel and I am SO SOOO grateful that this was part of Heavenly Fathers plan for me. Thanks for being the best family EVER and being so supporting.

Love you all so much!,
S. Nielsen
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment