Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crazy Rain and Flash Flood Warnings! 28 Jan 2013


Aloha from Hawaii! How'z it?

Well.. These weeks keep flying by! I can't believe it's almost February! 6 months? That's just weird. I still feel like I just got here. But guess it's just what Grandpa Nielsen told me before I left for the MTC, "The harder you work, the faster it goes." Truth.


BOOOOOO! :( Darn. I'm sad the girls lost to Spring Creek. But you got a second chance! And all will be well! You'll get them this time Stinketh! Thank you mom for informing me about Grandma Croft! She will definitely be in my prayers.

Well this week has been really good! Sister Piutau and I are working hard. We were both not feeling well on Friday. There's a bug going around the island. And I'm still trying to learn the area and the people in the ward. I'm having a hard time with all these local names. They're crazy and just hard to remember. Right now everyone is either auntie or uncle. But I'll get there! Sister Piutau and I are doing a lot better teaching together as well. There is still room for improvement, but we've done some role playing and that's helped a lot. She runs into everybody she knows a the time! La'ie is just around the corner. The other day at zone conference her auntie was helping with the lunch. I can't imagine if that was me! I'd have the hardest time being focused. She handles it very well though.

We have a with date for February 23rd! Cynthia, an eternal investigator (she's been taught for a long time.) in our former investo folder. She's in her 30s, and dating/living with a Less Active. We went by to go and visit her and had her watch the Robles Temple DVD. (Look it up! That's what I keep telling you about.) And talked about what was holding her back from being baptized and she said it was just committing and starting it. She' knows everything true, and she wants to get sealed with her family in the temple. We set her with the 23rd and she seemed completely fine with it! She willing to get married and everything. I guess it's just time! Its crazy, I don't even really feel like we did anything, just went and asked her basically. But Heavenly Father has been preparing her this whole time, and I guess all we needed to do was ask.

We had another cool experience. So one of our investos, Eddie, Sister Piutau tracted into him a while back. He got in an accident in the ocean and has a slipped disk. He's in a lot of pain right now and has been for about a month! On bed rest and everything. So we went by to go and see him and had a little discussion about miracles, and offered if he would like a priesthood blessing. He accepted. The next day we brought some Elders and Eddie was wheeled out to the font lawn, it started raining a little bit, but no worries. The Elders gave him an awesome blessing! And elder who sealed was a greenie and you could tell he was suuper nervous. But the spirit took over and he did such a good job. Anywho, a few days later we went by again and visited, he looked SO much better. And he told us that everytime after we come he feels better. (Ha! The spirit!!)  I referred him to LDS.org to watch mormon messages because he has a lot of down time on youtube I guess. But then about 10 mintues after we left he called and said that he had walked from his bedroom to the kitchen WITHOUT his cane! Which he hasn't able to do in a month! The priesthood is real. And miracles happen! He's what Sister Piutau calls "low hanging fruit" I think he'll be baptized very soon. He's very prepared.

I feel like they are choke investigators in this area, but none of them are really progressing. So that's what we need to focus on, is just getting the desire there and a goal to all the lessons they've had. So hopefully lots of baptisms coming soon!

Transfers in on the 6th. So there is a chance that myself or Sis. Piutau could leave. We are getting all of our 18 and 19 year olds. There are choke Sisters coming in. 7 full pros this transfer and 10 the next. And only 1 is leaving. There is only 18 full pros right now (I think..). So everyone will be training. Lots of new areas will be opening and this next transfer is just going to be crazy! So.. We'll see what happens!

It's been raining a lot. And HARD! I love it! But there's been flash flood warnings yesterday and all today. There's a lot of water on the roads, but I think it's so fun. I loooove puddles! But it cools everything down as well, something I've realized while I've been a missionary. I love jacket weather! :)


Well.. I hope you all are doing soo soo soo good! I love and miss y'all. I am so happy I made this decision to go on a misison. I can't imagine my life without it. I am so happy and grateful for all the experieneces I've already had and are going to come. I get to learn! And hopefully become more like my Savior and the person God wants me to become. I also get to watch lives change. And how humbling it is, to watch miracles and be an instrument in the hands of the Lord. I hope I do or check off everything I am suppose to do while here in Hawaii. That I am not letting anything be undone. It's weird, I feel like my life just barely started. Or like I didn't know anything before my mission. I love teaching, that's probably my favorite aspect of this work. I am so happy I was called to Hawaii! This is becoming my new home. Just like good ol' Elko and Rexburg. Hawaii is right in there.

I love you! Refer your friends to the missionaries! Everyone needs the gospel! :)

Much Aloha,
S. Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment