Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Life is NEVER boring as a missionary! 4 Feb 2013


AlllloooooooooHA Nielsen Ohhhhhhhana!!

What a week. Craziness! Why is everyone getting hurt?! No need! I hope both Erin and Cody recover fast so they can start paying to the best of their ability! We need em! I'm happy everything else is going well. :) I haven't gotten my package yet, but I'm sure it's at the office. I'll be there on Wed.

Well.. Let's take a sneak peak into this last week. Cottage meeting, laryngitis!, 3 Bap dates!, transfers, Sister Trainer!?, Blessings. :)

Heavenly Father is so tricky sometimes, just when I think I'm finally getting the hang of something He throws something else at me. Hopefully I'm becoming a good catcher in the baseball game of life! :) But all is well and He knows exactly what He's doing! So just gotta trust Him.

Cottage meeting was this last week, and as always the assistants need speakers, so we were able to ask one of our members who is a convert to come and speak. They feed us every Monday, and I love them! I can see now how when you eat with a certain family everyweek you just get used to being there and it really does feel like home. It's always fun to go to the mission presidents home. Such an awesome spirit there.

Heavenly Father sometimes has a funny way of answering our prayers. I was praying that Sister Piutau and I would be able to become more unifed when we teach, and to teach with 'one voice.' I didn't know that that was literally going to happen! I was had a little cold the week before and was getting over it, but I woke up Wednesday morning and couldn't talk! My throat didn't hurt at all, but I just couldn't talk! So our members googles my symptons and Laryngitis was what we decided! My vocal cords were swollen I guess. It's hard to be a missionary when you can't talk! We were out tracting and a little old auntie answered the door, I gave our approach and she then looked at me and said, "I can't hear you. You're voice is too high." :( Booo. I then just looked to Sister Piutau to do all the talking. So I took that as a sign and just kept quiet. This is Heavenly Fathers way of letting me know to just stop talking. Everything went well though. I can now talk again. :) Finally!

We now have 3 bap dates for Olomana! Chee-hoo! We working hard to keep them progressing and to get all our other investos with a date. I feel like they are all ready, they just need the little extra push into the font. :) Not that we're pushing, just guiding!


Weeeelllll... Transfers! And a big comotion of all the new trainers/callings is going around the mission! Usually if you are training a new missionary you get a packet in the mail the Friday before transfers. I was terrifed to check the mail, I'm not nervous to train, but I just didn't want to know. I had a referal for Sister Smoot so I was able to call her and she told me that she had gotten a packet, and that president called her. She's Sister Trainer over Makakilo and Mililani zones, training, and white washing. (That's like everything you can do in froms of responsibility.) I was then all curious! So we checked out mail, and we didn't get anything. We just were just to wait until Sunday to find out the rest of transfer plans. But then President called me later and extended the calling to be Sister Trainer over Kaneohe, Honolulu, and Hon-West. What the what!? I'm excited, but I still feel like a baby missionary! I still have learning to do! But I guess I'm doing something right. So I assumed I would be staying here in Kaneohe, and we'd just have to see if Sister Piutau would be leaving or not. All the other Elders told me I would be staying too, but transfer calls came last night and I'm leaving! I have no idea what President is thinking! I finally feel like I'm starting to know this area and BAM. Transfered. I'm either getting transfered back to my greenie area, Aliamanu, or Kahala. The other ward Sister Smoot and I covered for 4 weeks before I got ETed. Sooo.. Idk! We'll just have to wait and see what happens on Wednesday!


I love being a missionary, I feel like I'm learning something new every single day! I'm able to be in different family situations and to watch and observe how the choices they make effect them. I'm a people watcher. But really the only way we can progress and be happy is by living the gospel! That is the ONLY way! I can't believe I only have a year left. Does it feel like to you that I'm been gone for 6 months?

Thanks for being the best family ever! I stinkin love you guys. And miss all of you. But I love the support. It helps a lot!

Have a suuuuuuuuuuper week!
Love love love love!
S. Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment