Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Ewa Baptism. 10 Jun 2013

Aloooooooha!

I got my package today! Sister Hudson had a doctor appt and it was at the office. Thanks so much for the dress! And all the little goodies! I haven't tried it on yet, but it's suuuuper cute! Thanks so much! I had a wonderful 22nd birthday. :)


Well.. Our week was.. A lot like the rest of our weeks had been. Sister Hudson hasn't been feeling very well at all and tt's hard to get out and work, but she's a trooper. I am so grateful for this experience. I am happy to be Sister Hudson's companion. She wants to be here, her heart is in it. I was talking to one of the assistants some time this week and he used to be my zone leader, but he always guesses what's going to happen with transfers with me and is always right. He predicted at the beginning of my 2nd tranfer training that we would stay together one more, and it happen. But after talking to him about staying together with Sister Hudson he just told me that I was perfect for her. I think I needed to hear that. It was comforting to know that I am needed, that God called me to this task.


On Saturday we went to a baptism for Sister Wright and Sister Hagberg, and it just make me so.. frustrated? I'm not quite sure what the word is. I was so happy for them and for the people who were getting baptized, they were a miracle. The sisters taught they for 2 weeks and they were ready to be baptized. I think I was just wanted to have see success so bad that seeing the other sisters baptizing made me wonder what we needed to do better. But I know that our situation is a lot different than theirs. That we're going through different experiences. Everything will work out.


But we did have a baptism! Shane, our 9 year old unbaptized keiki got baptized on Sunday. The elders had been working with him before and then we jumped in. His dad is a single dad who's been less active for a long time, his "baby momma" died a year or two ago and now he's left to raise 5 kids from ages 16-7. I really love this family, it was our bishop who helped us get the baptism and help them come to church. He has a good relationship with the father. But it was good to finally see a baptism after this drought. I know that more are going to come.


Well.. Carl is still being stubborn, but I think he's really close. I think he really likes Sister Hudson and I. He knows everything, and when he just flips the switch and says yes. We're going! Just need to pray for his heart to be soften. He's so close.


I had a nice little suprise on Sunday! The Daniels family walked into our ward! It was so crazy and werid to see them, it was like combining both world together! But it was fun to talk to them for a few minutes and to see Trevor. I'd been a long time. He'd  never been to ewa beach before.. :)


Well I love you all so stinkin much! Thank you for your prayers and support. I love being a missionary. My time is running short and that's terrifying! I just hope I'm doing everything Heavenly Father wants me to do. I'm trying to be the best missionary I can be.

Choke Aloha and LOVE,
S. Nielsen

No comments:

Post a Comment