Sunday, March 24, 2013

Life and Adventures in Waipahu. 19 Mar 2013


Aloooooooha! 

Happy Birthday Dad! I'm glad to hear that you had a good birthday Dad! Are you now 49 or 48? I really can't remember. Sorry! Don't worry though, everyone will still mistake you for a 17 year old. ;) But it sound like you guys all had a good time in Utah! Cody's going to prom!? He's not old enough yet.. Is he? I don't even want to think about that. Mom: I got your letter! Thanks so much, I'll round up all the accessories from the camera and then do.. everything that you said. 


I am now in the Waipahu Zone! Which is different than anticipated. I am still on Oahu, but after this transfer I'll have at least been in every sister's area in Oahu for one day. (Counting exchanges.) Waipahu is known to be the most ghetto out of everywhere else. Lots of language wards, Samoan, Tongan, Marshallese, Philippians people.. And there hasn't been sisters in the zone for a while. Our area is nice though, a lot of town houses. We're whitewashing into the Ewa Beach 2nd ward. Opening up a new sister area. I white washed with Sister Wright, but I don't remember it being this difficult! We've gotten lost a million times. And our area book (in picture) is a disaster! Apparently the elders before had 5 with date, but I have no idea who they are because nothing has been recorded.  So this last week has been a lot of cleaning our pad (the elders said it was clean.. But it wasn't), and trying to get our area book in order. Our ward/Bishop is all gung-ho about missionary work and is SO excited to have sisters. The whole ward is. But they do "ministering" every tues. wed. and thurs. nights. Meaning like splits with the ward. Wowza! It's so awesome, but I don't know how to handle it! I feel like their trying to run but I'm still trying to figure out who everyone is! So different from Aliamanu. 


I have a new baby! Her name is Sister Hudson, she's from Toole, Utah and kind of Oklahoma. And yep she's 20! Our Bishop keeps calling her FOB- Fresh off the boat. She's so awesome! She's got greenie fire in her and is ready to work! It reminds me of when I first got here and was so excited about the little things. We're going to see miracles happen. I just know it. 


Soo yesterday was ZLC (Zone Leader Council) and since I'm a sister trainer I got to go. And Sister Wright is a sister trainer as well so she was there too! We actually picked her up from the airport Sunday night and she stayed with us. It was sooo fun! Oh my goodness we had SO much to talk about. Her hair has gotten really long. I can't believe it's only been 3 months that we haven't been together. But so much has happen since she's left! It was so good to see her. ZLC was good too! It was interesting to be in a room with all the leaders of the mission. But it was really good!


They just changed the email policy, Pres. Monson sent a letter to Pres. Dalton and we're now able to email, basically anybody. Except those of the opposite gender living in mission boundaries. Craziness! I don't know if I like that.. I enjoy getting and writing letters. But if it's from the prophet I guess he's got a reason for it. :)


I love you all! I hope you have a fantastic week! I love being a missionary, this work is so great.

Love, 
S. Nielsen 



No comments:

Post a Comment