Wednesday, January 22, 2014

He Hears Every Word 21 Jan 2014

Aloha my dear family! 

Well today we went to the temple! It was so amazing. I really love the temple so much. The La'ie temple is one of my favorites and will always have a special place in my heart.


This last week has been good. Kind of slow moving, but good we definitely saw some miracles. For example.. Ty has a date! I was SOOO excited! We taught him last monday night at the snows home and it was amazing. The spirit was so strong,we taught the beginning part of the Restoration and then tied it into Joseph Smith, the movie we watched last week. And we actually found out he'd been blessed in the church. There really are no coincidences with our Heavenly Father. We committed him to be baptized on February 2nd. Sister Snow's reaction when we committed him to be baptized was so funny. She was so surprised I thought she was going to fall out of her seat! Sometimes I don't think members know what to do when we extend the invitation. It freaks them out for some reason. But he said he would, if he knew that what we were teaching him is true. Ahh I seriously LOVE this kid. We have another lesson with him on Wednesday evening.


We also found 3 new investigators! Which is amazing for Kahala. One of them is Peter, he is a musician and plays for the christmas concert every year and has a lot of member friends. We had an appt scheduled with him and had a quick lesson introducing the Book of Mormon. One of his friends gave it to him a while ago, but he hasn't read it yet. We gave him the background and he said that he was really interested now. He'd grown up catholic, but over the years decided that he likes the mormon people better. :) We tried to set up a return appt, but he said he wanted to read the whole BOM before that, :/ He said that he reads really fast though and that he would finish it in about 2 weeks. I told him that I'd be leaving soon so I hope that that was motivation for him to read fast! I keep praying for that. He's such a nice man and I really want to teach him! He's so ready.


On Wednesday we went to Pearl Harbor and did service as a zone. I've been there about 7 or 8 times now so it wasn't anything new. But it was still a good time.


Another one of our new investigators is a referral from the marshallese ward. They just moved here from the marshall islands because they're 4 year old son is deaf. And since we're over the deaf group we were able to go and visit them and help them get connected with the deaf school, (which most of our ward members work at) and they came to church! The mom is a convert of about 10 years or so and the dad isn't a member and wants to be taught. So we have an appt this next week with them and the marshallese sister in the area to interpret. :) We're working with 3 different languages. Being in the deaf group on Sunday was fun though. I used some of the small sign that I know from good ol' Choraliers! I was at least able to introduce myself and say that my talent is singing. Haha.


On Saturday President Warner and Elder Auna (our area 70) did a follow up training from the last conference in June of Hastening the Work of Salvation for all the leaders/ward members. It was SOO good! I just love them both so much. I really hope our member are catching the fire of how important they really are in missionary work. Our ward mission leader is actually going to start teaching the member missionary class, like what we were doing on Big Island. I suggested it to him and he really liked it. That will be so good!


Other than that we were trying to contact LAPMs in the ward and just find new investigators. I feel as if I am finally starting to see why it is that I need to be back here on O'ahu. I was so sad and had such a hard adjust from the Big Island. But I am so grateful to be teaching Ty, and well as to learn from Sister Robertson. I also feel that if I died in Kohala that I would have been an ever bigger disaster than how I was here, but at least I am still a missionary so it wasn't so bad. It will be an easier adjustment for the future transfer. Which I am grateful for. Heavenly Father really has blessed me so much on my mission. I feel as if this transfer I have really started to see my relationship with Him and our Savior Jesus Chirst. He know me, and he hears my prayers. I love being a missionary. This is the best time I've ever had in my life. I love Hawaii and the amazing people.


I love you so much! Thank you for being the amazing family that you are. :)

Love, 
Sister Nielsen 

My companion!


No comments:

Post a Comment