Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Call

Well.. I'm going on a mission!! I have been assigned to labor in the...
 HAWAII HONOLULU MISSION!!! 
Ahhh! I am so excited! I really never would've thought that this is where I would be sent.

Look at what I found in the mail! 
I opened my call on Thursday June 21. Ohh boy.. So many emotions! I went and go the mail around noon, and there it was! What I had been waiting for for two weeks, or basically my whole life! I planned on opening it at 5:30 and let me tell you, that was the longest 5 1/2 hours of my life! I got nothing productive done, going to class was.. Let's be real, pointless! But 5:30 finally rolls around and.. Hawaii Honolulu Mission! I report to the Provo MTC on AUGUST 1ST! That's only 5 weeks away! A week and a half after the semester ends and was my availability date. Craziness! This is all happening so fast! And also, one thing my sister Chelsea pointed out is.. I hate pineapple! Great.

Jacob making his guess to Chicago.

Also, after talking to my family we realized that Chelsea will be flying into Salt Lake next weekend to babysit my 3 youngest siblings while the rest on my family (Mom, Dad, Erin, and Cody) are on their pioneer trek. Soo it has been decided that I am going through the temple NEXT WEEK! While Chelsea will be in the area. I have an appt with the Oquirrh Mountain Temple at 11am on Saturday June 30th. I have a week to prepare for the temple! There's classes for this kind of stuff and I have one week! I need more time to mentally prepare! 

Hawaii. Mmhmm. 


Well to finish this post, I just want to say that I am so stinkin excited for everything! I am so happy to know and finally have some structure to my thoughts and thinking about what's going to be happening in the coming months of my life. And I can already tell that everything is just going to fly by. I'm going to leave super fast and before you know it I'll be back. I gotta absorb it all in now while I got it, and love every minute. May I just say that I am so blessed!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! While everything is flying by...don't forget to add me as an administrator. :) chlsdecker@gmail.com Love YOU! You'll so great!

    ReplyDelete