Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Aloha Oe 10 Feb 2014

Aloooooooooha Nielsen Ohana,

I don't even know how to start.. This last week has been amazing. Heavenly Father has blessed us so much, we were able to teach. I think this was the most lessons we'd taught in the whole transfer. I was just so grateful for everything Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I have just had the overwhelming peace about everything. 


We taught Ty twice. (I'm trying to schedule as many lessons as I can!) He's progressing slowly, but he did say that he feels that just by meeting with us has blessed his life and that his spirituality has increased. That is the best thing to hear as a missionary. Our job is only to invite and then allow him to use his agency to accept or not. But I know he'll be baptized one day. He even came to the baptism on Saturday! And we're teaching him again this evening.


We also taught Judy. She is coming along so well! We brought a member with us and the lesson just went so well! We talked about the gospel of Jesus Christ and a little bit about why we do baptisms for the dead in the temple. She  knows so much about the church and comes to all the single adult activities, but has said, "I'm not interested". But her heart has soften and she is doing amazing! She asked us to help her wash her windows this week and clean all the screens. I think she really appreciated that a lot. She even came to church on Sunday which she has never done before!


Marty was able to be baptized on Saturday. My last baptism as a representative of Jesus Christ. It was incredible. That adversary had been working hard this last week though that's for sure. He was sick during one of our appts and when we went to go and do his interview with our district leader he wasn't home. We waited outside his appt a lot this last week. But everything was able to work out and he was baptized. The ward has done an amazing job fellowshipping and picking them up and helping them feel included.


In Hawaii whenever someone moves or leaves they will always sing "Aloha Oe'" to them in church. (Youtube the song.) So since it was my last Sunday they sang to me. Ahh.. I cannot decide if it was a blessing or punishment! All I could think was I cannot believe it's over. This has been the most amazing experience of my life. I will never be the same. It's definitely been such an emotional week. But one thing that keeps popping in my head that Sister Brianna Atencio said in her homecoming talk is "Don't be sad it's over, be happy it happened." How grateful I am that this was part of the plan for my life! Heavenly Father is so good to me.


"I am called of God, my authority is above that of the kings of the earth, by revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he were personally ministering unto the very people of whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice. My acts are his acts. My words are his words and my doctrine is his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter day work. How great is my calling!"


I am so grateful to be in the Hawaii Honolulu Mission. The ALOHA mission. The atonement of Jesus Christ is my message, love of God and others is my motivation and obedience to the commandments and mission rules is my strength. By sharing the gospel with others we can give them the HA the breath of life. Even eternal life. Aloha. 


I love you all so much. Thank you for being the most amazing family in the world. I will see you in a few days.


Love,
Sister Nielsen




No comments:

Post a Comment